PORTLAND, Ore. — medZERO, a fintech company that enables on-demand, automatic, interest-free payment for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses, has added six health and benefits business leaders to their advisory board. These professionals will consult on company and product strategy and will assist in making valuable connections to expand access to medZERO. New advisory board members include:
- Michael Cochran – Cochran has decades of experience leading international employee benefits and wellness, and has designed effective strategies that have improved employee health and productivity and managed risk and expense. He is a former head of benefits at Microsoft, Expedia, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and former principal at Mercer.
- Majd El-Azma – El-Azma is a finance, sales, and health plan leader who served as president and CEO of LifeWise Health Plan of Oregon. He currently advises leaders in a myriad of industries.
- Kathy Harris – Harris is accomplished in investment banking, M&A, corporate development, and private equity, including serving as EVP of Corporate Development for Sharecare, a digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place.
- Brad Lawson – Lawson has extensive experience leading business development and strategy for many national health and information companies, including WebMD, StayWell, and Interactive Health. Currently, Lawson is CEO at Fern Health, a digital pain management solution.
- Tre’ McCalister – A wellness, work-life, and health strategist, McCalister is former global benefits leader at Dell and a former consultant and Central Market practice leader at Mercer.
- Ginny Proestakes – a health benefits expert, Proestakes formerly served as Senior Executive Director of US Benefits at General Electric and is currently CEO at The Proestakes Group, she advises companies including Cevona, Health Catalyst Capital Management, LLC, and Home Care Genie.